Hi, I'm Betty Lochner
Founder and owner of Cornerstone Coaching & Training LLC
This is my Story
Back before Zoom calls were all the rage and I worked as an executive director in the public sector, I founded Cornerstone Coaching & Training LLC. I was training my own staff and being asked to train others and decided I wanted to share my executive leadership and coaching experience to help make others a difference. It's my passion and my calling!
Despite today’s demands, I help individuals (like you) create and sustain positive work relationships and contribute toward a positive work culture that boosts morale and increases productivity.
I specialize as a workplace communication and career coach, HR and small business consultant and trainer.
My professional work background includes 32 years as a public servant in widely diverse workgroups:
- Director of Washington State 529 Plans and Chair of the national College Savings Plan Network
- Client Services Manager at the Public Works Board
- Washington State Emergency Manager - Training Officer and Public Information Officer
- Counselor at The Evergreen State College
I hold a Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement and I’m focused on how you can better lead and communicate with confidence, clarity, and gratitude.
I'm an author and expert in corporate and government communication, human resources (I am a nationally certified SPHR), am a certified Performance Coach and hold a Master of Education in Counseling, and Personnel Administration, and am a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
My goal is to inspire confidence and empower individuals and teams to learn how to bring out the best in each other - and to become more skilled and confident communicators and business leaders.
I’ll help you develop practical communication skills to power your performance in your role as an employee, team member. supervisor, and executive leader.
What I Offer:
HR Consulting & Communication Skills Coaching
- HR Consulting – for help on specific human resource issues and workplace communication.
It is customized for you to perform at your best with confidence & consistency.
- Career Coaching – explore and prepare for your next job or promotion: stand out, stand up & get your message out.
- Performance and Workplace Communication Coaching – transform your workplace communication developing skills to bring out the best in you and your team.
- Executive Leadership Coaching.
Courses | Team Training | Professional Development Events
- Online courses
- Virtual and onsite training
- Summits, conferences and specialized events
Black Dawg Farm and Sanctuary
HR Systems Set-Up...
I worked with Betty on HR issues for our 100% volunteer non-profit organization. I needed alot of help setting up systems and Betty walked me through every step. She also helped me brainstorm marketing ideas to attract and keep volunteers and worked with me to help establish and refine systems to make my work more manageable. We developed employee manuals, job descriptions and she individually coached two of my volunteers to be better communicators in their jobs. She has been a cheerleader, coach and inspiration as I work to grow our organization with few resources.
~ Kelly Lapham, Executive Director
Comstock Physical Therapy
Our workplace culture has improved…
I have been working with Betty for over 5 years. She has been a leadership coach to me and has provided several training sessions for my team.
The result has been less tension. We are better at problem-solving together, handling problems sooner, appreciating each other, having more fun together, and avoiding the blame game.
~ Linnea Comstock, Owner